SAVANNAH'S 5 REALITIES
1. // My once newborn is turning one at the end of the month. I know you've heard me talk about this already but I'm completely in awe of how quickly babies grow. In one single year they go from being completely dependent babies to sitting, chatting, crawling, walking, teething, eating, playing. They look less like tiny babies and more like toddlers. Their little personalities start shining through, they start doing silly things. How did we get here already? I'm feeling extra nostalgic. A held him the other day while feeding him his bottle and started getting teary. I'm so incredibly happy to see him grow. I'm so thankful and I desire so much to be a great mom.
2. // Jon and I are 100% pooped. We are having this constant battle with trying to understand what "balance" looks in our lives, what direction God wants us to go in, what we need to focus on, what we need to stop doing. How to strive after what is important and glorifying and at the same time not guilt trip ourselves for not accomplishing everything we feel we need to do to improve. Feelings of laziness, feelings of wanting to improve in our roles (wife, husband, parent..etc.). We are currently trying to wade through the deep and focus on the pieces that truly matter. We've talked about doing an "emergency" getaway at the beginning of February to visit the mountains, clear our minds, un-plug and think through these questions that we have.
3. // Sleep...oh sleep! This is where I could use a few tips! Ideally I would LOVE to get up early, before Soren wakes up...have some quiet time, make some cider and start my day right. I would also love to be able to get myself into bed at a good time and actually fall asleep! The reality: I stay up way too late, I sleep too light and I am dragging myself out of bed each morning wishing so much I could stay cuddled up a few more hours. I hate it. The days I DO actually get up and have time alone before I start the day with Soren are wonderful, they are rare, but wonderful! Any tips on getting out of bed in the morning that have helped you? I need a little extra motivation!
4. // Currently my exercise routine consists of playing Just Dance on the XBOX One, and I'm ok with that. ;)
5. // I'm working on cutting back on the Netflix purges and listening to more music. I use to be so into music in high school and college. I had some amazing playlists and I was always researching new artist. Now? Not so much. I miss music and want to make more time for it and LESS time for stinking Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime. :)
A LITTLE UPDATE ON SAVANNAH'S LIFE...
Life has been emotional, in both good and not-so-awesome ways. I've been challenged a lot in great ways. I'm working on getting my days more organized so I don't have to face the constant feeling of "I should be doing something right now". My focus has been on trying to be in the moment and content in my moments. :)
We started reading "Make it Happen" by Lara Casey in our bible study group. We've been meeting together for a few years now and sometimes we go through seasons and really diving into a book and other times we go through conversation seasons where we chat about life, needs and prayer requests. For the next handful of weeks are are reading through this book and it's been SO great. I highly recommend picking up a copy.
Lastly, our first workshop is this Saturday! Jenny and I couldn't be more excited. We are looking forward to seeing how this new venture will transform Maiedae. We have some exciting ideas floating around so be sure to keep an ear out for upcoming excitement!!
CHECK THIS OUT
1. // Interested in the book? Check out the website here! Lots of great resources too. :)
2. // Finally got my Day Designer in the mail! I am NOT disappointed. Best agenda I have ever owned in the history of my life. If you are looking for something all-in-one, you will love this. They have a few in stock over here!
3. // I've been picking up a few things here and there for Soren's birthday and I have fallen in love with the toy company, Janod. They have so many beautiful, interesting and educational toys! You can pick up a lot of their line on Amazon too.