JENNY'S BOOKSHELF PICKS
1. // I started reading The Freckled Fox last year and quickly fell in love with her blog. Not only does she have the most amazing hair in the universe, but reading her blog and watching her YouTube videos, you immediately feel like you've been friends for a long time. :) If you're looking for beauty tips, hair tutorials, outfit inspiration, and a look into the life of a mommy of 4 babes, you should definitely go pay her a visit.
2. // I haven't read this yet, but I really want to! #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. Have any of you read it? I've heard really awesome reviews on it and am hoping to pick it up soon. Sophia started out selling vintage clothes online and within 8 years worked up to be the founder, CEO, and creative director of Nasty Gal, a $100 million plus online fashion retailer. Talk about a hard-working inspiration of a woman! I can't wait to read more of her story.
3. // I just started reading Tim Keller's book Walking with God through Pain and Suffering and I'm loving it so far! I read his book, The Meaning of Marriage, when Drew and I were engaged and it was one of the best books I'd ever read. So much so that I included one of the quotes from the book in my wedding vows... "I look at you and I see who God is making you and I want to be part of that. I want to partner with you and God on the journey you are taking to His throne."
A LITTLE UPDATE ON JENNY'S LIFE...
Last week was a long week for us over here. Drew usually goes into work around 6:30-7:00am and then gets off around 4:00-4:30 - which I LOVE because then I can get some work done before dinner! But several days last week, he ended up staying for 12 or 13 hours at work which made for some really long days. Good news was that Drew's parents came down Saturday and gave us the day off to take naps, do some much needed cleaning, and have some time off baby duty. I love grandparents :)
My sister-in-law is currently at the hospital being induced (she is also a week past her due date like I was) and I'm so excited to meet little Isabella! :) We probably won't get to see her until Thanksgiving because they live about 10 hours away from us but I'm thrilled for them! Yay for cousins!!! Rowan is still sleeping really well and has been eating rice cereal and loving it! Our pediatrician told us he'll be ready for solid foods soon as well as a regular doctor ;) It's fun to watch as Rowan learns and takes everything in. He's such a calm, happy, gentle spirit, and very inquisitive. I love seeing his little personality develop.
I've been working on simplifying my life and my first step was to go through my closet and take out anything and everything that I had either 1) worn once or never worn at all and 2) take out anything that had holes, was from 8 years + ago, or the soles were pretty much gone. I set up an account on Instagram (@shop.jennys.closet) to sell the first items and then bagged up the second items to either throw away or donate. My sale ends tonight at 10PM EST - so you still have a few hours to grab something if you want! I've got Gap jeans, Minnetonka moccasins, and some other really nice items on there! I plan to put up more items later this month :)
I also had a lot of fun coming up with the new chalk art for our shop. I love creating new things to display in our homes and this was such a fun project. My problem is that before I'm finished with one project, I'm ready to start the next! Haha. I'm thinking about painting our bedroom white this coming weekend and hanging up the vow artwork I created as well as some other art pieces.
CHECK THIS OUT
1. // I am a huge fan of watercolors. Obviously :) So this post by Brittany is right up my alley.
2. // We are huge fans of the girls at A Beautiful Mess and I love their photography tips and their advice on how to develop an app! Awesome sauce.
3. // We are also huge fans of Moorea and I love this new necklace she's added to her jewelry line.